We all get stuck in one way or the other in life. At this point, you feel like something is pulling you back, yet you don’t know what it is. But one thing for sure is that you should not allow the frustrations of life to get into your head. It would be best if you accepted the reality that things are not working for your good at the moment. What you need now is to allow change to take place.
Change may be tough to embrace, but moving forward is the only option for you. You need to change your thoughts, your way of doing things, your approach to life, even at times, your friends! Moving forward quotes can also help you understand the value of accepting change if things are not working well for you.
Best quotes about moving forward
1.“Because if you take a risk, you just might find what you’re looking for.” -Susane Colasanti
2.“It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” -Steve Maraboli
3.“Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein
4.“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” -Denis Waitley
5.“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” -Henry Ford
6.“Unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realise that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” -Steve Maraboli
7.“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss
8.“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” -Steve Maraboli
9.“Storms make trees take deeper roots.” -Dolly Parton
10.“You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” -Drew Gerald
11.“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” -Denis Waitley
12.“You can only lose what you cling to.” -Buddha
13.“You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” -Roy T. Bennett
14.“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” -Steve Maraboli
15.“Be Brave and Take Risks: You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” -Roy T. Bennett
16.“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” -Steve Maraboli
17.“You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” -Anonymous
18.“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” -Martin Luther King Jr
19.“It’s a wonderful world. You can’t go backwards. You’re always moving forward. It’s the wonderful part about life. And that’s terrific.” -Harvey Fierstein
20.“If you are busy focusing on the falling bricks, you will never realise that they are truly stepping stones you need to cross over to the next phase of your life.” -Kemi Sogunle
21.“Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” -Deborah Reber
22.“As the year comes to an end, don’t look back at yesterday’s disappointment. Look ahead to God’s promises yet to unfold.” -Buky Ojelabi
23.“A man is not finished when he’s defeated; he’s finished when he quits.” -Richard M. Nixon
24.“Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” -Jackson Kiddard
25.”Moving forward first requires a step to be taken.” -Chase S.M. Neill
26.“If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward.” -John Wooden
27.“Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward.” -Anderson Silva
28.“Girls you’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” -Tori Amos
29.“Study the past if you would define the future.” -Confucius
Behaviors that hold you back from moving forward
The following are some of the practices that are keeping you back from moving forward in life.
- Expecting things to come quickly to you-For you to succeed in whatever you do, you must work hard. It will help if you put on a lot of effort, dedication, and commitment to realize your goals.Nothing will come to you easily unless you work hard for it. Go the extra mile and do something extraordinary. Be ready to face the challenges along the way. Learn how to overcome all these obstacles one at a time. Never lose hope along the way, but keep moving forward towards your target.
- Dwelling on the past– Stop regretting about what previously held you back. You don’t have the power to change your past. If you continue dwelling on your past, you won’t be able to see the many opportunities awaiting you now. Forget about your past mistakes. It shows that at least you tried, but things didn’t work out as per your plans. Let your past mistakes be the motivating force for your moving forward. It shows that you are still learning.
- Waiting for the right time–There is no perfect moment to start afresh. The time is now to take up new challenges. Seize that opportunity now, or else someone else will.There is no perfect time to start working on your goals in life. If it is a business, start small and learn along the way even as it grows.Moving forward requires that you make your decisions now and start working on them. Don’t wait for tomorrow as you don’t know what will be there.
- Doubting your ability- Whatever dream you have, you must believe in yourself that you can do it. You are what you think. If you think that you are not worthy of handling a project, then you will not be able to do it.Self-confidence gives you the ability to move forward despite what you have gone through. Look out for the moving forward quotes that can help boost your confidence. Quotes that can help jog your mind to positive thinking.You will only succeed if you believe in yourself. Let no one judge you or tell you that you cannot make it. As long as you commit to moving forward courageously, you will make it. At first, things may not work out for you, but with determination and practice, you will become an overcomer. Have assurance that you are capable of achieving your goals no matter what.
- Surrounding yourself with negative people-People who are always negative about anything will always want to pull you back. There work is always to discourage you. They will drain you both physically and emotionally and will tell you that you can’t make it in life. Avoid such kinds of people at all costs.On the contrary, you need to surround yourself with likeminded people if you want to move forward. The kind of people having moving forward quotes at heart. Such people with positive energy will help you get out of the rut where you are stuck. They will always be there to cheer you up. You, therefore, become more energetic and willing to move forward with life.
- Not committing to personal growth -Whatever you do in life, you need to commit to growing. We are living in a fast-moving world. New technologies are coming up every other day. If you don’t want to be left behind, you need to start learning new things.If moving forward in life is what you aspire, then you must commit to personal growth and development.Personal growth doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process that requires commitment.Learn how to embrace a love for learning. Read anything that inspires you. There are so many inspirational books with moving forward quotes that can help you move out of stagnation. You need to grow through life rather than go through it.
Keep moving forward no matter what
When any challenge confronts you, you only need to move forward. Otherwise, the challenges may take toll of you and hinder you from reaching your goals. It might not be very easy to move on, but you have to. Take a step at a time, and you will be able to stand up again.
Moving forward helps avoid stagnation. And the willingness to move opens you to try out new opportunities. It helps you actively work on something rather than focus and complain about your struggles.
Rather than relax in your comfort zone where you get nothing good, you better change your strategies. You will never grow if you are in your comfort zone. That’s why you must get out and try the murky waters. Take risks in life, however difficult and challenging they might appear.
Committing to personal development can also make a big difference. You can achieve personal growth through reading an inspirational book, listening to a positive podcast, or simply talking to your best friend. Do anything as long as it makes a difference in your development.
Always have the right mindset and motivate yourself with moving forward quotes when you feel down. If you feel that your life is stagnant, you need to do something that will lead to your personal growth and finally becoming better. The best thing to do is to keep moving forward. Go back to school if you can to get a second degree. At the end of it all, you are fully responsible for your growth and happiness. Keep moving on until you realize your dream.