Is love a feeling or a choice? For you to fall in love, it all depends on emotions. But for you to love, you have to make a choice.
Self-love is having regard for your well-being and happiness. For it to manifest, you need to make yourself a priority. Self-love requires time to develop. You, therefore, need to practice it daily.
Self-love is not being selfish; it is just putting yourself first and not being too tough on you. When you put yourself first, it does not mean that you are selfish
Without self-love, you cannot love other people. It becomes very hard to have and maintain healthy relationships. To love other people, you first need to bond with yourself.
If you practice self-love, you will never depend on others to be happy. Alternatively, you will look for ways to give you happiness. Loving yourself quotes may also help empower you and give you inner peace.
List of loving yourself quotes
1.“When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” -Ellie Holcomb
2.“Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” -Louise L. Hay
3.“We must fall in love with ourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.” -Mae West
4.“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” -Roy T. Bennett
5.“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
6.“Don’t forget to love yourself.” -Soren Kierkegaard
7.“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” -Carl Gustav Jung
8.“You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” -Diane Von Furstenberg
9.“Fall in love with taking care of yourself – mind, body, and spirit.” -Anonymous
10.“Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” -Jenn Proske
11.“Muhammad Ali inside the ring and Muhammad Ali outside the ring were totally different men; his abrasive, magnetic daring and infectious self-love outside the ring galvanized the world and distracted many from his sniper’s precision.” -Elvis Mitchell
12.“To say ‘I love you’ one must first know how to say the ‘I'” -Ayn Rand
13.“To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness” -Robert Morley
14.“You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to others.” -Alexandra Elle
15.“Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” -Diana
16.“Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” -Andre Gide
17.“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” -Maya Angelou
18.“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” -Ian Wallace
19.“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” -M. Scott Peck
20.“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” -Lucille Ball
21.“Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.” -Gary Zukav
22.“The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself.” -Sahaj Kohli
23.“Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing.” -Anonymous
24.“Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” -Karolina Kurkova
25.“A modest dose of self-love is entirely healthy – who would want to live in a wold where everyone hated themselves? But taken too far, it soon becomes poisonous.” -Geoff Mulgan
26.“How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” -Rupi Kaur
27.“When a relationship ends, the overwhelming emptiness not the other person being gone, but the lack of self-love” -Louise Hay
28.“Be kinder to yourself, and then let your kindness flood the world.” -Pema Chodron
29.“Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” -Maxwell Maltz
Why is it Important to love yourself?
Why is it that when your loved ones do you wrong, you forgive them easily, but when you make a mistake, you become too hard on yourself? It is a good decision to first learn to love and appreciate yourself in order to feel good about yourself. Work to improve yourself every day. Spend time with yourself! Learn to be alone at times and enjoy it.
If you love yourself, you worry less and do not get angry unnecessarily. You develop self-confidence that helps you face life’s challenges courageously.
Loving yourself is not so difficult. As long as you have the will, you can always manage to achieve it. You can love yourself and probably do so every day but are unaware of this process.
Ways you love yourself?
Loving yourself helps you avoid drowning in shame and self-hatred. Rather, you focus on ways of loving yourself when shame enters your door. Do not let miserable feelings dominate your thoughts. Choose to look ahead without dwelling on the past mistakes.
Loving yourself does not mean going for an overseas vacation or being wealthy. You can sing an inspirational song, read books on loving yourself quotes, exercise daily, help someone in need, or celebrate your achievement.
Loving yourself helps you build confidence. You become hopeful that you are achieving your goals, and you can overcome whatever problem that comes your way.
Benefits of Self-Love
We often love our spouse, children, parents, career, and hobbies more than we love ourselves. It takes a lot effort and acceptance to love ourselves. The following are some of the benefits of self –love;
- Acquire life satisfaction-Loving yourself shows that you can accept yourself the way you are. You willingly accept yourself, how you lead your life, and are ready to take responsibility for your actions. Acknowledge that you are in charge of your life and no one else can take your place. Once you become satisfied with your present situation, you become less stressed about whatever is happening.
- Develop a healthy lifestyle-Despite the busy schedules you have in life; you need to develop a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy meals, get enough sleep, exercise daily, and have time for self-reflection. Self-love motivates you to work towards achieving your goal. When you look good, you feel good. When you feel better, you enhance your performance.
- A healthy lifestyle makes you fit and also help you as you build the confidence to tackle new challenges.
- Learn to deal with adversity-When you love yourself; you will feel less stressed or uncomfortable when going through difficulties. You won’t compete with or compare yourself to others. You’ll embrace your hardships. You’ll become optimistic, and more open to opportunities.
- Develop healthy self-esteem-When you love yourself; you feel good about yourself and your efforts. Healthy self-esteem helps you understand that challenges and failure are part of life
- You know when to say no-Self love gives you the ability to say no to anything contrary to your values. You realize how valuable your time and opinion are to you. You know the importance of doing things that add value to your life. It gives you an understanding that whatever decisions you make means a lot to you.
- It gives you room to heal-Loving yourself helps you heal faster from whatever pain or challenge you encounter. You become aware that life will, at times, knock you down, but time will heal you. You let go of the painful experiences and accept that life has to continue despite the challenges but still hope for a better future.
- Do not seek approval from others-True self- love gives you self confidence and improved self-esteem. You realize that nobody can make you as happy as yourself. You do things that make you happy and value your opinion. At this point you do not allow anyone else to make decisions for you.
- It grants you the gift of forgiveness-Loving yourself gives you the power to forgive yourself and others for all the wrongs done. It means that you accept whatever you have done rather than blame yourself. You as well stop blaming others for your own mistake.
Even though it looks selfish, but the fact is that before you love others, you have to first take care of yourself. You have to appreciate all the efforts you make in life. Problems will always come, but if you lose yourself, you have a better understanding that the issues will not sweep you.
Loving yourself makes you feel like you have the most satisfying life since you feel good about your status. You realize that there is nothing that can hinder you from getting what you want as long as it is in your mind.
Remember that your happiness depends on you. You become comfortable with the way you are living your life and appreciate the small things that make you happy. Loving yourself quotes may also inspire you to have time for self-reflection. Loving yourself has no formula. All you need is to purpose to do so, and you will find what suits you most.