Time has a significant role in human life. It runs nonstop and is measured in terms of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and so on. It is more precious compared to the value we put on money. The more we understand it, the better.
However rich you are, you can’t buy or add a single second to your life. But as long as the opportunity arises, you can make more money. That’s the reason why time is the strongest and most valuable.
It may add more strength to a hardworking person and can also destroy a lazy one. Develop and nurture your skills while you still have the opportunity. It would be best if you learned to enjoy each minute you have on this planet. We also need this critical value to help heal wounds inflicted on us both internally and externally.
Amazing quotes about time
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” -Leo Tolstoy
2.“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Marthe Troly-Curtin
3.“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” -William Penn
4.“My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” -Steve Jobs
5.“Life, if well lived, is long enough.” -Seneca
6.“Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” -Harvey Mackay
7.“All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” -Baltasar Gracian
8.“Time is the one thing we all have in common, but it is also the one thing that we all use differently.” -Catherine Pulsifer
9.“If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” -Bruce Lee
10.“We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.” -Aristotle
11.“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Marthe Troly-Curtin
12.“Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” -Roy T. Bennett
13.“Time and I against any two.” -Baltasar Gracian
14.“Never leave that till to-morrow which you can do to-day.” -Benjamin Franklin
15.“Forever is composed of nows.” -Emily Dickinson
Time is money.” -Benjamin Franklin
17.“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you’ll never understand what it’s saying.” -Sarah Dessen
18.“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” -Hippocrates
19.“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” -Napoleon Hill
20.“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” -Leo Tolstoy
21.“The trouble is, you think you have time.” -Buddha
22.“No use thinking of the past for its gone, don’t think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because thats where you are.” -Kazi Shams
23.“An inch of time is an inch of gold but you can’t buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.” -Chinese Proverb
24.“Lost time is never found again.” -Benjamin Franklin
25.“Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” -Jim Rohn
26.“We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.” -John F. Kennedy
27.“Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.” -Robert De Niro
28.“Time is a great healer, but a poor beautician.” -Lucille S. Harper
29.“Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” -Benjamin Franklin
30.“Time brings all things to pass.” -Aeschylus
31.“Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” -Bil Keane
Importance of managing time.
Some things in this world are usually beyond our control. But there are a few other things which we can learn to manage. Time is a good example. If you want to be happy, you must learn to have control over your ideas and thoughts.
Time management is all about creating some space to be conscious in all aspects of time. It enhances our way of doing things rather than pushing or driving us in our daily activities. Its proper use helps enrich us. The time you have to spend is so precious, be it in school, workplace, or with family.
The following are some of the importance of managing your time.
- Time is invaluable-Time is a limited value. You cannot stop its flow. Once it has gone, you can never bring it back. Funny enough, we are all accorded the same time. You have heard of the saying, “time is no respecter of person.”It is indeed true because it doesn’t care whether you are young or old, poor or rich. But it is the same for everyone. It gives every one of us an equal chance.
- Time waits for no one– You can’t stop the clock or make it suit your plans. But the opposite is true. You have to plan yourself to fit within the available time. It would be best if you seized every single opportunity that comes your way and let something good come out of it. Everything that you do have timelines. Therefore, if you are waiting for things to happen, then you are on the wrong track.
- No one can turn the clock back-Generally; we all have limited time. Do whatever you are supposed to do now. Stop procrastination. Once the time is gone, you will never recover it.
How to manage your time
- Identify what wastes your time-You are in control of your time. Look out for the things that waste your time. Those things that you do but dot add value to your career, profession, business, or relationships. To grow, you must eliminate all these time-wasting activities. Wrong use of social media is one of the biggest time wasters among young people today. Imagine someone spending the whole day chatting with friends on Facebook at the expense of doing any other meaningful activity. Identifying your time wasters, and eliminating them gives you a clear way of putting that time to proper use.
- Say NO to what is not right-Learn to say no to anything that will not impact positively on your personal growth. It is okay to help others, but you also have to focus on becoming better.
- Commit to success– Set your goals and have a plan on how you are going to achieve them. Avoid procrastination and do what you are supposed to do now. Commit to achieving your goals daily.
- Nobody has more time than the other– It all depends on your priorities. What you think is valuable than the other. Do not blame anyone or your situation for the lack of time. To live a more fulfilling life, change your approach.
Your ‘Why’ Is Important To Your Time
There are certain things that you want to achieve in life. You have your dreams to realize. To make your dreams come real, you must have goals. You, therefore, need to take time to write down your goals. It would be best if you created a plan on how you are going to achieve your goals.
You also must know what it is that you want in life. If you know your ‘why,’ then you are on the right track. The ‘why’ helps you set the bar. It enables you to understand where you are coming from and your final destination. It helps you know the reason for working towards achieving your dream.
How to Manage Your Time
Look out for what you specifically want in life. Make a plan on how you are to go about it.
Set daily goals and work hard towards achieving each of them. Work smart by setting achievable goals. Each day, work hard towards achieving your dreams at the stipulated time.
Avoid any time-wasters while at work unless you want to be behind your schedule. Know where you are going. Have regular checks to see if you are on the right track. Make corrections. Quantify your goals to know where you are coming from, where you are, and where you are heading. For example, if you want to save some money, keep track of the amount of money you save each day or week.
Time is important. You can use it for your good. You can also use it for your bad. It is so precious, and no one can add or subtract it. Once the clock starts ticking immediately, you are born; it will only stop at your demise. You, therefore, have to know that you don’t have much of it. Use it wisely. Invest in it as much as you can.
We all have 24 hours a day. Often, we do use our time doing things that we should not be doing. Once the time elapses, you will never recover it no matter what. And you will never realize how valuable time until after you lose it. You, therefore, need to cherish time as it is so precious. You, therefore, not need to be careless with it. Make proper use of your time. Invest wisely in your time. Do something beneficial to you and your family.