There are so many commercials and magazines emphasizing on good health and wellness. There are many books written on health, and there are many health quotes to help you have a better understanding on good health to you and your family.
Health is a state of overall well-being. When you are physically, mentally, and socially well, then your health is good. When your body has the ability of your body to adapt to threats, then you are healthy.
Staying healthy is an integral part of growth and development. People are battling many health-related issues from illness, poor living conditions, lack of money to cater for basic human needs, drug and substance abuse, and bad relationships. All these affect both physical and emotional or mental health. When you are physically healthy, you also become healthy emotionally.
list of inspirational health quotes
Without your health, you’ve got nothing going on. I thank God every day for good health.Ric Flair
To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.Buddha
I’m focused on staying as healthy as I can so I can work moreDane Cook
Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can haveWinston S. Churchill
Health is not valued till sickness comesThomas Fuller
A healthy outside starts from the inside.Robert Urich
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.Mark Twain
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.Mahatma Gandhi
Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.Buddha
The greatest wealth is health.Virgil
The groundwork for all happiness is good health.Leigh Hunt
To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.William Londen
Our health is something we often take for granted. But, there are some things in life that should never be taken for granted. Take care of yourself.Catherine Pulsifer
Life is not merely being alive, but being well.Marcus Valerius Martialis
What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.Glenn Close
The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.Abraham Maslow
Without health, life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering.Francois Rabelais
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.Jules Robson
Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health.Carl Jung
He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.Arabian proverb
A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others.” Be a carrier.Tom Stoppard
The groundwork of all happiness is good health.James Leigh Hunt
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.Irish Proverb
To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear.Buddha
Religion, spirituality influence health in different but complementary ways.Matt Decker
Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.Edward Smith-Stanley
Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.Noam Shpancer
The acknowledgment of having suffered evil is the greatest step forward in mental health.Stefan Molyneux
Through the vehicle of our emotions, our mind, body, and spirit are sending signals that something has to shift.Randy Taran
Sickness is felt, but health not at all.Thomas Fuller, M.D.
Factors for good health
Even though the absence of disease shows that you are well, but it does not necessarily mean that you are healthy. Being healthy encompasses so many things. You could be fit physically, but emotionally you are struggling with relationship problems. On the other hand, you could be having the best family ever, but the environment in which you live is generally not conducive. All these situations in life have a general effect on your well being.
Your health comprises a combination of factors, both genetic and environmental.
The social and economic environment: The wealth status of your family or community has a significant effect on your health. The higher your socioeconomic status, the more you are likely to enjoy good health, quality education, a well-paying job, and can access to proper healthcare.
If your socioeconomic status is low, you are more prone to living in stress. Unemployment, financial constraints, and discrimination are all associated with people whose financial abilities are low. In such a family or community, even affording a good meal is a problem. Access to proper healthcare may also be impossible. All these expose you to risks of poor health.
The physical environment: The environment in which you live also determines your health status. Do you experience air or water pollution? Is your workplace safe for you? How clean is your shelter? Is it pest-infested?
If possible, try to live in an area with less pollution but more circulating air. Maintaining cleanliness in where you live also helps. Clear garbage around your home or premise
To maximize your health, you need to:
- Have a balanced, nutritious diet– Keeping a healthy diet may be hard, .but it requires a lot of discipline. A balanced diet includes taking of fluids. To keep healthy, you need to rehydrate your body. Water and natural juices with low sugars are the best. Avoid caffeinated drinks because they have side effects. A portion should have carbohydrates, proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water-water is good for your body. It makes you more energized and is also good for detoxification.
- Get regular exercise-if possible, exercise at least half an hour each day. It helps you keep fit. It is not a must that you hit the gym to exercise. Do something that you enjoy. Walking, skipping, swimming, jogging, ice skating or dancing
- Regular check-up– you should visit your doctor for screening for diseases that may present a risk. Regular checkups and screening help in the early detection of any disease.
- Be Active and Exercise-Along with a healthy diet; exercise can improve your health and well-being. Regular exercise helps increase your self-esteem and confidence. Exercise helps reduce your stress levels, as well as anxiety and depression. It also helps improve your sleep and maintain a healthy weight. Ways in which you can become active include going to the library, pursue or take up a hobby. Go to a musical concert; learn to memorize some health quotes so that they stick to your heart. It is not a must that you go for expensive activities. There are simple but very enjoyable activities that you will love doing.
- Get lots of sleep-however difficult it may be, try to have 8 hours of sleep .you will be more alert and less fatigued
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking-alcohol, and smoking may affect your health negatively. They are not good for your health at all.
- Manage Stress-stress is part of life. How we manage, it is what matters. Stress is usually as a result of many factors. Too much work, lack of enough sleep, lack of money, bad relations, illnesses can all cause stress. Stress makes you feel low. It also causes emotional instability.
- Negative thinking –Surround yourself with positive people. Negative thinking makes you unwell. Avoid negative thinking and people who never see anything good in you.try to overcome negative thoughts with positive ones. Say positive statements to yourself. Know that you are worthy, and no one should tell you otherwise.
If you want to maintain your health, you have to preserve it. Always work on living a healthy lifestyle. Do not wait until you are sick so that you put things in order. Choose to lead a healthy lifestyle no matter your level of income. Accept your present status even as you work hard to make something better. Good economic levels and having a good job all contributes to having good health.
Always be happy. Treat others well as you also want to be treated. Make friends and laugh as much as you can. It helps heal your inner being.
Total disease prevention may be a bit hard, but you can work towards developing our body resilience to disease. You also need to set your body and mind to deal with problems.
Once you understand everything about healthy living, make a list of those things that work for you to stay healthy in the list, you can also add one or two health quotes that inspire you most. You can also make a list of the things that trigger unhappy feelings.
The list will help you live the healthiest life that you ever desire. It will help you avoid those unnecessary things that negatively affect your health.