Many people find it hard to start doing exercises. Even those who have started find it hard to stick to the plan. You could be having good intentions to engage in various exercises, but you are still struggling to get out of your comfort zone.
There are many reasons why you would like to start exercising. The reasons may range from the need for improved energy, better sleep, reduce stress, and anxiety. The motivation you get from the exercise quotes you read or hear can also make you want to exercise.
Exercise does not necessarily mean a strict, time-consuming routine at the gym. There are also numerous exercise options. You, therefore, have to choose what you enjoy doing. Go for that activity that you love. You can walk, dance, do gardening, and ride a bike, swim, and many more.
list of inspirational quotes about Exercise
The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.Kenneth H. Cooper
To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.Gene Tunney
It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capableWilhelm Von Humboldt
Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate.Women’s Health UK
Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you.Unknown
Good things come to those who sweat.Anonymous
Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.Jerry Rice
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.Henry David Thoreau
In two weeks, you’ll feel it. In four weeks, you’ll see it. In eight weeks, you’ll hear it.Unknown
To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.Gene Tunney
Strength does not come from the physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.Ghandi
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.Jim Ryun
I have never taken any exercise, except sleeping and resting, and I never intend to take any.Mark Twain
IF I’D KNOWN I WAS GOING TO LIVE THIS LONG, I’D HAVE TAKEN BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.Eubie Blake
Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.Unknown
Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it.Mike Tyson
All I do is work out. Oh my God! Half my life is spent in a gym somewhere, sweating.Tom Brady
A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statementJess C. Scott
In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up.Rich Froning Jr.
Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.Joseph Pilates
To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.Michael Pollan
Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.Paul Terry
A lot of times people look at the negative side of what feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.Chuck Norris
The greatest wealth is health.Virgil
I bend, so I don’t break.Author Unknown
For me, fitness is not just about hitting the gym; it is also about an inner happiness and an overall well-being.Rakul Preet Singh
Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.Ashley Greene
Running is my private time, my therapy, my religion.Gail W. Kislevitz
If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.Fred DeVito
Why should you exercise?
There are so many benefits you get by exercising. It is an integral part of preserving physical and mental health. The exercise involves engaging in physical activity and increasing the heartbeat rate beyond resting levels.
Taking part in whatever form of exercise daily is essential for disease prevention as well as curb other health-related issues. You become strong, energized, and with a beautiful glow.
You may decide to do some light exercise daily, such as having a walk every evening. Alternatively, you can also engage in high-intensity activities, such as weight training or cycling. The choice is all yours.
Having regular exercise provides many benefits to your body and mind. A decision to start exercising is your first step to improved body shape and mind.
Tips for starting
Consider the following tips to achieving long-term success in your exercise:
- Set clear goals– Why do you want to exercise? Whether it’s for health reasons or otherwise, always have in mind your reason for starting.
- Work at your own pace– You need to set targets on how and when you will achieve your goals. Be systematic in the way you want to do your exercise. Take one step at a time. Do not do much as you start, otherwise, you risk getting injuries. Be consistent in exercising by adhering to your plans. In case you make any achievement however small it is, you have to celebrate,
- Enjoy yourself -Ensure that you choose an activity that makes you have fun. Please do not make it look like you are undergoing some punishment. Relax and enjoy all the activities that you are undertaking.You can ask your friend to join you for the exercise. You will have more fun when you have someone whose company you enjoy.
- Look for a trainer – You can get a personal trainer for a start if you can afford it. They can help you with amazing tips, guides, and inspiring exercise quotes to keep you going.
- Vary your exercises-Doing a variety of activities is beneficial to your body. It helps flex your body muscles. If possible, do change your exercise regime after a few weeks. If you love dancing, try changing the speed and tune of music, from slow to more vigorous dancing styles.
What’s keeping you from exercising?
Lack of self-confidence could be a challenge that makes you not starting on exercises. It may make you give up before you achieve your goal of doing exercise.
Whatever point in life you are in, you can make exercising less painful or not intimidating. Lack of motivation may also cause you to become discouraged. It may make you give up before you achieve your goal of doing exercise. Getting someone who can help motivate and lift you would also be beneficial.
After you have had a few weeks of exercising, it now turns into a habit. For you to make exercise a habit, you must have the right mindset. A busy schedule or ill health are some of the challenges that may hinder you from exercising regularly.
How to Start Exercising and Stick to It
Making exercise an enjoyable part of your everyday life may be easier than you think. These tips can show you how.
- Avoid long hours of exercise-You don’t have to spend long hours in the gym, yet you don’t like what you are doing. A little exercise at a time is better than nothing.
- Be kind to yourself -Your body needs to get acclimatized to exercise bit by bit. Wanting to do much within a short period will only demoralize you. Stop blaming your previous eating habits. Make your past mistakes as an opportunity to grow.
- Over expectations – What are your expectations as per your set goals? You have to give yourself enough time to meet your expectations. Do not expect too much too soon. Be happy for the small achievements you are making towards reaching your goal.
Going to the gym sounds dreadful to many people who want to exercise. There are other options to choose from. It is not a must that you hit the gym to exercise. You can, therefore, go for the many exercise alternatives.
There are a variety of physical activities that you can enjoy be it indoors or outdoors. Other than running and lifting weights, you can enjoy the following events. They include horseback riding, ballroom dancing, rollerblading, hiking, paddle boarding, kayaking, gymnastics, martial arts, and many more.
You can also think of those activities that you enjoy. Be creative and think of how you can incorporate the activities into an exercise routine. Dance while doing house chores, ride a stationary bike as you watch your favorite movie, or chat with a friend as you walk.
You can stick to an exercise routine, but when you lose interest in it, you have to try out something new.
Finally, you can read health and fitness magazine. You can also search for exercise websites and get inspired by the exercise quotes and photos of people moving their bodies. Sometimes, it only takes you to read about and to view images of healthy and fit people to motivate you to exercise!